Hotline: 1800 102 2007
Hotline: 1800 102 2007
Aug, 03 2018

Manipal eyes stake in Emami's AMRI Hospitals for Rs 1,000 cr

An Emami spokesperson said the group does not have any plans to sell its hospital business.

Manipal eyes stake in Emami's AMRI Hospitals for Rs 1,000 cr

Ranjan Pai led Manipal Hospitals has revived talks with FMCG major Emami Group to acquire its AMRI Hospitals Ltd (Advanced Medical Research Institute) in Kolkata, after it failed to acquire stake in  Fortis Hospitals, two people aware of the development have said.

Emami expects Rs 800-1,000 crore valuation for the hospital chain, one of the persons said.

Emami occupies about 98% stake in 1,000 beds hospital chain comprising of hospital units four in Kolkata and one in Bhubaneswar. The rest 2% is occupied with West Bengal government. An Emami spokesperson said the group does not have any plans to sell its hospital business.

The 1974 founded frim by RS Agarwal and RS Goenka families had entered into the healthcare sector in 1999 by joining hands with Shrawan Kumar Todi of Shrachi Group, a Kolkata-based real estate developer.

The promoters faced a major setback in 2011 when a major fire broke out in AMRI Hospital in Dhakuria, leaving 93 people dead. The firm’s directors are facing trial for culpable homicide. The Dhakuria hospital was shut for two years after the incident. Later, AMRI Hospitals decided to keep its expansion plans into the northeast market on hold.

sharebtn
Comment
user
email
mobile
address
star
Related opportunities
  • Casual Dine Restaurants
    About Us: Echoes is a venture started by a bunch of..
    Locations looking for expansion New Delhi
    Establishment year 2015
    Franchising Launch Date 2016
    Investment size Rs. 30lac - 50lac
    Space required 500
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit, Multiunit
    Headquater North Delhi New Delhi
  • Bakery & Confectionary
    About Us: Bake O Cake is a bakery and confectionery shop,..
    Locations looking for expansion West bengal
    Establishment year 2015
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 5lac - 10lac
    Space required 200
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater kolkata West bengal
  • Juices / Smoothies / Dairy Parlors
    About Us: “Lassi n Café” is one of the famous quick..
    Locations looking for expansion Haryana
    Establishment year 2017
    Franchising Launch Date 2017
    Investment size Rs. 10lac - 20lac
    Space required 150
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Faridabad Haryana
  • Automobile Maintenance
    About Us: O3 car care is a venture which came out..
    Locations looking for expansion Kerala
    Establishment year 2009
    Franchising Launch Date 2013
    Investment size
    Space required 500
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type -NA-
    Headquater Thrissur Kerala
Insta-Subscribe to
Entrepreneur
Magazine
sme-80x109
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
email
mobile
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities