Hotline: 1800 102 2007
X
Search Business Opportunities
May, 31 2016

Raichur-based Shilpa Medicare set to acquire remaining 32.06% stake in Nu Therapeutics

Pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturer Shilpa Medicare has already bagged 67.94% stake in Nu Therapeutics and with the approval from its board, the former is set to acquire remaining 32.06% stake as well.

Pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturer Shilpa Medicare Ltd has received approval from its board to acquire the remaining stake in Hyderabad-based Nu Therapeutics Pvt Ltd for Rs3.21 crore, as per a stock market disclosure.

Shilpa Medicare already owns 67.94 per cent stake in Nu Therapeutics. Following the approval from its board for the acquisition of remaining 32.06 per cent stake, it will own 100 per cent stake in Nu Therapeutics, the filing said.

Raichur-based Shilpa Medicare had initially invested around Rs1.75 crore in Nu Therapeutics in 2010 for a minority stake and later raised the holding in the company in 2011.

Nu Therapeutics has developed oral fast dissolving thin strip dosage form and obtained the manufacturing and marketing licence for the same.

“The oral strip is small in size and when placed on/under the patient's tongue, instantly wets with saliva, rapidly hydrates and stays on the tongue. It then rapidly disintegrates and dissolves to release the medication in the mouth and promotes gastrointestinal absorption without the need of water,” the filing said.

Shilpa Medicare is a mid-size Pharma company, manufacturing API, fine chemicals, intermediates, herbal products and specialty chemical products. The firm operates in two business segments- bulk drug intermediates and wind power generation.

The firm is backed by investors including Tano Capital (9.31 per cent stake), CLSA Global Markets Pvt Ltd (3.34 per cent) and Baring India Private Equity (1.44 per cent), as per the information available with the stock exchanges.

Comment
image
Insta-Subscribe to
Entrepreneur
Magazine
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities