Hotline: 1800 102 2007
X
Search Business Opportunities
Jan, 16 2018

Hershey's Launches Soy Milk Beverage Sofit In USA

Hershey's is the latest multinational consumer products company to launch an Indian brand in the Western market.

Taking a cue from the sweet success of Sofit in India, Hershey's has introduced the brand in its home country.

Company also plans to launch Sofit, positioned in the snacking category in the US, in other countries. The US snacking market is worth $103 billion and PepsiCo commands a share of nearly 15%.

Hershey's, the second-largest player, has about 8%. The introduction of Sofit nutritional bars by the $7.4-billion Hershey highlights CEO Michele Buck’s plan to take the company beyond chocolates and make it an innovative snacking powerhouse.

Hershey's is the latest multinational consumer products company to launch an Indian brand in the Western market. In the past, Unilever (Fair & Lovely, Lakme, Bru, Kissan), PepsiCo (Kurkure) and Nestle (Maggi Masala), among others, have taken India-developed products, either in its original or modified form, to other global regions.

Hershey's hopes Sofit to work in North America (including Canada. About 85% of the sales come from North America. The remaining 15% comes from international markets.

Buck is betting on emerging economies like India, Brazil and Mexico to boost Hershey’s international revenues. The company, which entered India through a joint venture with Godrej from 2008-2012, will be investing $50 million to scale up its local operations. The plan is to focus on its premium offerings even as it looks to discontinue low margin products.

 “We are in the process of evolving our portfolio in India. We will not invest in commoditised and low-margin products (referring to acquired brands Jumpin and Nutrine). At the same time, we will evaluate launching some of our US brands in India” Shared Steven Schiller president-international, Hershey.

Comment
Related opportunities
  • Payment Solution services
    About Us: E-Pay Solutions India Private Limited - a proven business..
    Locations looking for expansion Andhra pradesh
    Establishment year 2009
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 5lac - 10lac
    Space required 100 sq ft.
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Hyderabad Andhra pradesh
  • Gyms and Fitness Centres
    About: EXTREME is an iconic lifestyle brand fuelled by the passion, creativity, and ..
    Locations looking for expansion Delhi
    Establishment year 1998
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 50lac - 1 Cr.
    Space required 2500
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater New delhi Delhi
  • Hotel Chain
    About Us: MINT Brand was founded in Nov. 2015 with a..
    Locations looking for expansion Maharashtra
    Establishment year 2015
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 50lac - 1 Cr.
    Space required 000
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Mumbai Maharashtra
  • Competitive Exam Coaching Institute
    Career Power - The best opportunity you have to become..
    Locations looking for expansion New Delhi
    Establishment year 2010
    Franchising Launch Date 2014
    Investment size Rs. 10lac - 20lac
    Space required 1500
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Delhi New Delhi
Insta-Subscribe to
The Franchising World
Magazine
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities