Hotline: 1800 102 2007
X
Search Business Opportunities
Sep, 20 2017

Bakshi Continues to Fight, Reopens 18 McDonald's outlet

The burger chain has closed outlets since June due to expiry of eating house licences.

Vikram Bakshi on Tuesday said that 18 out of the 43 outlets of McDonald’s have reopened in Delhi.

The burger chain has closed outlets since June due to expiry of eating house licences.

The development follows a decision by the board of Connaught Plaza Restaurants Ltd, which passed a resolution on September 17 to reopen 21 outlets for which health licences have since been received, shared Bakshi McDonald’s estranged partner in a statement.

“This decision has been taken by the board of CPRL, chaired by NCLT appointed administrator Justice G S Singhvi, in the best interest of employees, vendors, landlords and all stakeholders,” added Bakshi.

When contacted, McDonald's India said: "Consequent on the termination of the franchise agreements of 169 McDonald's restaurants operated by CPRL in the North and East of India, effective September 6, CPRL is required to cease using the McDonald's System and is no longer authorised to operate McDonald's restaurants."

The company further said: "We will continue to take steps to exercise our legal and contractual rights."

In June, 43 outlets operated by CPRL were closed after the expiry of eating house licence.

Bakshi and McDonald's India have been fighting it out at courts over termination of franchise licence by the US-based fast food chain last month.

Comment
image
Insta-Subscribe to
The Franchising World
Magazine
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities