Hotline: 1800 102 2007
Hotline: 1800 102 2007
Apr, 19 2018

Govt Launches Edu Portal to woo foreign students for higher studies

To make education affordable in the country, foreign students will also get special rebate in tuition fees

Govt Launches Edu Portal to woo foreign students for higher studies

In a move to attract students from across the globe, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) together with the Ministry of External Affairs launched a ‘Study in India’ portal.

External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj said, “With a network of around 800 universities and 30,000 colleges, India’s higher education system is among the largest in the world. The ‘Study in India’ initiative is an innovative scheme to bring together various scholarships and self-financing programmes and to also attract students from partner countries in South Asia, south-east Asia, Middle East and Africa to come and experience the very best of academic learning from the top institutions in India.”

“After a period of lull, Indian education system is rediscovering itself. It is for the first time that we are opening up to the international students,” said R Subramanyam, Secretary of Higher Education, MHRD.

Around 160 best Indian institutions of higher learning will offer seats to these students. To make education affordable in the country, foreign students will also get fee waivers.

“Top 25 per cent of the students will be given free education and facilities under the initiative. Next 25 per cent will have to pay half of the fees then another 25 per cent will pay 75 per cent of the total fees and the remaining 25 per cent will have to pay the entire fees,” said Minister of State Human Resources and Development, Satyapal Singh.

Besides, the event also witnessed the launch of integration of e-Sanaad with national academic depository (NAD), an online platform that enables Indian students going abroad for studies to access their mark sheet and certificate. e-Sanaad, on the other hand, is an initiative of External Affairs Ministry that helps online submission and verification of education-related documents.

sharebtn
Comment
user
email
mobile
address
star
Related opportunities
  • About Us: Launched in 2014, Little Brooks, Early Learning Centre is..
    Locations looking for expansion Maharashtra
    Establishment year 2014
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 30lac - 50lac
    Space required 1500
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Mumbai Maharashtra
  • Tea And Coffee Chain
    About Us: The Chai story was born in 2015, with the..
    Locations looking for expansion Delhi
    Establishment year 2015
    Franchising Launch Date 2019
    Investment size Rs. 20lac - 30lac
    Space required 100
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater New delhi Delhi
  • Automobile Maintanance Related
      Format Investment Brand Fee Space Staff Exp. Monthly Sales Profit..
    Locations looking for expansion Haryana
    Establishment year 2019
    Franchising Launch Date 2020
    Investment size Rs. 5lac - 10lac
    Space required 50
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Gurgaon Haryana
  • Extra Curriculum Activities
    About Us: Do you seek India’s transformation by building strong curriculum..
    Locations looking for expansion Delhi
    Establishment year 2010
    Franchising Launch Date 2018
    Investment size Rs. 50000 - 2lac
    Space required -NA-
    Franchise Outlets -NA-
    Franchise Type Unit
    Headquater Delhi Delhi
Insta-Subscribe to
Entrepreneur
Magazine
sme-80x109
For hassle free instant subscription, just give your number and email id and our customer care agent will get in touch with you
email
mobile
OR Click here to Subscribe Online
Daily Updates
Submit your email address to receive the latest updates on news & host of opportunities